This gal loves some tacos- especially tacos of the chicken persuasion. These healthy chicken tacos are a staple in our household. These tacos are typically ready in under 30 minutes so they are a perfect healthy workweek dinner. It’s quick and easy. Mix and match with whatever you want – it’s always delicious. So take notes but make these two sphere of heaven all your own.
- 4 Chicken Breasts – Marinate ahead of time
- 1 Can Corn
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 4 T Salsa
- 4oz Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Can Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce
- 2-3 Limes
- Woodstock Frozen Tri-colored Peppers
- Multigrain tortillas
Put the chicken breasts, lime juice and can of chipotle chilies in a ziploc overnight. This marinade is quick and easy and really pays off in the finished product.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Put aluminum foil on a baking sheet and spray with oil.
- Place chicken breasts on the baking sheet and cook for 20 – 25 minutes until tender and cooked all the way through.
- In the meantime, defrost the frozen peppers in a pan over high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the corn and black beans into the pan to warm.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave between two damp paper towels.
- Assemble your chicken tacos with cheese, salsa, guacamole, cilantro and lime.