As 2018 comes to an end and I begin playing around with my new kitchen gadgets, I decided to embark on a mission – to create the perfect meatball. So, let me show you all the recipe goodness I scoured across the internet for. This makes 10 2 in. meatballs. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. Ground Beef 80/20
- 1 lb. Ground Pork
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Basil
- 1 tsp. Parsley
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Fennel
Other Meatball Necessities
- 1 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 Cup Parmesan
- 1/3 Cup 2% Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Parchment Paper
- Fresh Parsley – Optional, I just love this topped at the end.
- 2 28oz. Cans Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 Can Tomato Paste
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Pack Banza Linguini Pasta
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 8 Cups Water
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- Get out your kitchen tools. These can vary but having space for later comes in handy.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and milk until the mixture is mostly moist. About 10 minutes should do it. If you feel your meatballs are too dry you can add a space more milk.
- Line a baking sheet with Parchment Paper.
- Assemble the Seasoning Mix. Mix it up and set aside.
- Get out The Meats. Keeping these cold makes assembly easier later on.
The Meatball Mix
- Add The Meats to a bowl and break drown into small chunks.
- Gradually add in 1 Cup Parmesan and the Seasoning Mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Eggs and Minced Garlic. Add to Mixture.
- Gradually add in the Breadcrumb/Milk Combo.
- Rub Olive Oil on your hands. This makes assembling the meatballs easier and less will stick to your hands.
- Form 2 in. rounded balls with the Meatball Mix. Make sure they are all around the same size. You can use an ice cream scoop too, to keep them around the same size.
Seariously Worth It
- Heat a plan to Med/High heat and add Olive Oil.
- Add a few meatballs and flip every few minutes until they have a brown crust starting to form on the outside.
- Place the Meatballs on a new sheet of Parchment Paper.
- Spray the Pot with Oil.
- Add Browned Meatballs to your Instant Pot. You can deviate here, this is just how I make them.
- Add The Sauce mixture.
- Place Pressure Cooker on Low for 5 mins.
- Quick Release that thing.
- Add your water to a pot with some salt, bring to a boil.
- Add your Pasta.
- Cook 10-12 Minutes
- Drain. Add a little olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking together.
The Grand Finale
- With a slotted spoon, remove the meatballs from the sauce. Make sure the internal temperature reaches at least 165 F.
- Place pasta in a bowl. Make it look like a little bird’s next but, instead of eggs we’re putting sauce and meatballs in the middle for protecting.
- Add a few small scoops of Sauce on the pasta.
- Add 2 Meatballs
- Add a little bit more sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and Parsley.